Saturday, November 7, 2009


It's fall, though these pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago before peak and now that they say it's peak, we have no leaves. But I had to show this picture it is one of my favorites. I woke up one saturday morning (one of two days I can sleep in and wake up to daylight. As the sun was coming up, it shined through the trees and created this. A thing a beauty. Now that the trees are bare it's another kind of beauty, I will try one day to capture that.

This is one of two trees in our yard that we have with leaves, it is one of my favorite trees because of the color. Two bad it can't be that way all season long.


Before the leaves were blown out of the gardens and the hammocks were taken down.



That touch of red in this picture is a Japanese Maple. A friend of mine is remodeling her house and she had two of these trees that needed to go. I took the smaller of the two. (The other one bit the dust as the workmen didn't know how to transplant a tree, let alone even dig one up.)Never did I realize that it would turn red in the fall. Sure hope it grows a lot next year and fills up that space. (I can dream can't I?)



3 comments:

Troy & Kristin said...

Sooo beautiful! I miss Indiana

Kohl said...

Love the pictures! We tried to have a Japanese maple in our front yard but it didn't make it through one summer. They don't like extreme sunshine! :)

adespain said...

Looks beautiful, more pictures like these and I'll have to come and visit again!