Monday, May 10, 2010

Indifference

I have been pondering the concept of indifference for several weeks now. It's a sad concept! To feel nothing about an idea, a person, a family...not positive or negative...just indifferent. So empty. So lazy. I believe indifference is a choice. I believe it'san easy way out of difficult situations.

I've been trying to settle on an antonym of indifference that made sense to how I have been feeling. I couldn't settle on a single word, but the phrase "make a difference" just connected as I was cutting the grass last week. It fits with the outlook on living that I believe brings happiness.

I'm choosing to "make a difference"...in everything I do (or trying to anyway). It's hard...but I am becoming more of the man, the husband, the father, the priesthood holder, the Oracle employee the Lord intended me to become because I AM trying.

Perhaps "making a difference" resonates w/you as well. It's worth thinking about and acting upon...

1 comment:

adespain said...

Thank you Dad, I am glad you have let us in on your thoughts through the blog. I need and appreciate your wisdom. I love you. Anna