Friday, April 18, 2008

“We felt the earth move under our feet.” Wow, what a wake up call, or would have been if we were still in bed. We had an earthquake this morning at 5:39am. Jordan thought he must be sick as the mirror was moving and it doesn’t normally. Danny had his head underwater and didn’t hear or feel to much. Todd and Ally were both asleep, but for this to happen right now for Ally is pretty neat as her science class is teaching about earthquakes, she was happy not to be awake. Dad was upstairs and I was in the kitchen, I had just turned off the mixer (making cinnamon bread) it sounded like a big wind gust, the windows rattled and rattled, I thought maybe Dad had fallen down or something. then I heard him come down the stairs. It was kind of weird. But now we have had nothing but items about the earthquake on the local news and they even pre-empted the Today show. Wow! 5.4. Cool!!!!

2 comments:

adespain said...

I am so mad I missed it. That is one natural disaster I have yet to experience. I am glad that nothing happened! Love you all.

Kohl said...

We were wondering if you had felt it. Nate talked to Todd and he told us that it woke him up, but he went right back to sleep. I felt an earthquake as a child, but that is it on my experience. Maybe the "BIG ONE" will hit Indiana instead of Utah! :)