Thursday, February 28, 2008

a Thursday @ home!

I worked from home all day today!!!

Temperature was in the low 30's and we have a melting blanket of snow in the yard.

Squirrels attacked Mom's bird feeders...just like they always do. I can tell they are out there because I can hear feet pounding across the floor and out onto the deck as Mom scares them away...it's quite funny to listen to!!!

Todd & I shared "Penn Station" subs for lunch...bad for you be REALLY tasty!

When I'm home, one of my favorites things to do (besides look @ Mom) is to day dream about things I'd like to do to the house...

- Make Daniel's closet into an office that opens into our room (and is walled off from his). There is a 4 ft space between the back of his bathroom and the garage attic that could be his closet!)
- Make the attic above the foyer into a loft...with stairs going up on Ally's bedroom wall
- Make the deck into a year round "Florida room"
- Open up the Family room/Kitchen area and use part of the Dining room as a pantry
- Re-fiinish the basement and open up the stairs to the basement on the first floor...get rid of the doors and walls...use railings
- A deck out in the woods (this one WILL happen...someday!)

It's cool to have dreams...and still be able to enjoy them with the knowledge that most just aren't practical.

Quote for the day (a favorite)..."You miss 100% of the shots you never take" Wayne Gretzky

We LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

1 comment:

Kohl said...

It's nice you get to work from home so often. I wish Nate could a couple days of the week. I am a dreamer like you. Right now I am trying to dream up our new yard. What a project!