Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ghost in the Graveyard?

Ever since we lived in Fairfield Farms where fine families find fun-and the Yargers put up the hand holding ghosts. I had wanted to do the same thing. But I figured it would cost a lot and take a lot of time to put together, but, this was the year, I found sheets at a really good price and then was able to obtain the dowl rods and styrofoam balls. It took me less than 45 minutes to make them. The hard part was working around the tree roots. It looks pretty cool so cool that the doorbell rang a couple of days ago and there was a teenage girl there, she said her name was Ashley and could she take pictures of some of our Halloween decorations for her AP Photography class. I told her yes, she immediately went to to my ghosts. At night, because I purposely put them around one of the landscaping lights they light up, sort of ghostly looking. The effect in the picture isn't as cool as the real thing and looking out of Ally's bedroom window they really look awesome. Wrong thing for Ally to see, I don't thing she has looked out her window since I put them up.

3 comments:

Kohl said...

What a cool idea! I love it!

Troy & Kristin said...

Those are really cute Mom! Nice job! I want a yard......but good thing i don't have a real one, because then we would be broke. But those are super cute!

adespain said...

I Wish we were there to see them, it is times like these that I wish we were moving to Indiana instead of hot muggy Dallas. I love the ghosts, I will have to keep that idea in my back pocket.